As always, there are clearly going to be costs incurred by running such
a project. Such as art materials, sports equipment, etc.
Many of our friends and comrades from across Europe are pulling together to raise fun
ds by organising soli parties, club nights and even dinner parties!
It’s an excuse for you to get together with your nearest and dearest, have a great time and raise some hard cash for a good cause. If you feel so inclined, get in touch and let us know how we can help!
We know that life can get a little crazy and sometimes and it’s tricky to try and fit anything in. So if you can’t stretch to volunteering or organising a fund raiser, no problem, just put your hands in your pocket and remember that a little bit goes a long way.
Getting involved on such a personal level can provide a very rewarding experience for both the volunteer and the participants on the project.
If you are considering this, we will be happy to discuss your ideas and answer any questions you may have. In the meantime, please bear in mind the following requirements and considerations …
1. Knowledge or experience in education or social work, especially with regards to children and teenagers. Or experience with refugee support can also be useful.
2. To be able to commit for a minimum of 2 weeks. This is due to acclimatization for the volunteer and for the participants. They will only come to your workshops if they like you and they will need time to get to know you.
3. To pay an accommodation fee of 10 euros per night for your stay. The cost may be reduced for longer periods of stay. Usually you will get your own room or even a small apartment for this price.
4. To pay in advance for accommodation costs. This would not be refundable upon cancellation of your visit.
5. Wherever possible, BAB will help with the accomodation costs, but we cannot provide any guarantees.
6. To take out personal insurance as the BAB cannot provide this.